Thursday, January 12, 2012

Cats and Collaborations!

I'm sure by now you've seen all the images from the Jason Wu for Target collaboration dropping on February 5th.  One word: adorable!  Second word: cats!  All the pieces look super cute and I love the black cat print on the tote bag and scarf.  I only wish that they had incorporated the cat print into a dress or shirt. 



Of course I'm dying to pick up the scarf and the bag, but I'm also really loving the belted navy dress.  Such a cute shape and the stripes on the bottom are fantastic.





Needless to say I'm very excited for this collection, however, I've been burned by Target and their designer collaborations in the past.  Let's just say Missoni was a little heartbreaking for me.  I ordered a cart full of fantastic pieces from Target's website the day the collection went on sale only to receive an email a few days later saying my order would be delayed.  Then another email saying my ordered would be delayed even further and perhaps cancelled completely.  I eventually cancelled my entire order and only ended up with a pair of elbow length knit gloves I managed to find at a local Target store.  I was very disappointed with the way Target handed the release of that collection.  Their website was clearly not prepared for the kind of traffic it received.  I only hope that Target is better prepared this time around and that maybe the frenzy for the Jason Wu collaboration will be a little less intense than it was for Missoni.  Also, Jason Wu debuts in stores on a Sunday so I can plan to be there as soon as the store opens  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment