Friday, June 21, 2013

Christian Dior Resort 2014

Raf Simons' collection for Dior was one of the first resort collections to be shown this year. For that reason, I held off on talking about it as one of my favorites. I figured with so many more collections yet to see it might get bumped from that number one spot. But weeks later and I'm still in love with it. And that's not to say that there just weren't very many good resort collections this year because there were some beauties. Resort is always one of my favorite seasons even though it's not as big as the Spring and Fall collections just because the clothes tend to be full of color and pattern.

So even after seeing some really great collections that were right up my alley, I couldn't stop thinking about Dior. I felt like this collection was the the first that Raf Simons created for Dior that felt more like Raf with a touch of Dior.  Rather than the previous collections, which were nice, but felt more like Dior with a touch of Raf. Does that make any sense? Anyway, perhaps he's more comfortable in his role now and we'll get to see more of this for the upcoming Spring and Fall shows. But for now, lets enjoy these beautiful looks from what I'm sure was an amazing show in Monaco.















Photos via Style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment