Monday, September 24, 2012

Emmy Awards Red Carpet Fashion

There were some gorgeous gowns at last night's Emmy Awards and a surprising amount of bright colors which always makes me happy. Of course, some did a better job than others. Below are some of my favorite looks of the night.

 Emilia Clark in Chanel

Love, love, love the Chanel! The purple embroidery and the peekaboo skirt are gorgeous. Definitely one of my favorites of the night.

 Emily Vancamp in J. Mendel

Emily looks beautiful in this ultra feminine dove-grey gown and I love the Van Cleef bow bracelet.

 Ginnifer Goodwin in Monique Lhuillier

Ginnifer always makes interesting choices on the red carpet and this dress is no exception. I love the bright orange color and the matching shoes.

 January Jones in Zac Posen

Black can often be boring on the red carpet as the details can often get lost. That's not the case at all with January's gorgeous gown. The criss cross bodice and swooping lines of the skirt stand out beautifully. Another favorite for sure.

Jessica Pare in Jason Wu

Simple but super chic. Jason Wu designed this dress for Jessica especially for the Emmys. Custom Jason Wu?! It must be good to be Jessica Pare!

Julianne Moore in Christian Dior Couture 

Probably not everyone will love this look but I adore it. I love the color with Julianne's hair. It's Dior couture! What's not to love?!

Julie Bowen in Monique Lhuillier 

I've never been a huge fan of strapless column gowns. They just seem rather basic and boring to me. But I love the lime green color of this gown. 

Kelly Osbourne in Zac Posen 

Perhaps another controversial look, but I kind of really dig the way Kelly matched her dress to her hair.

Leslie Mann in Naeem Khan 

So of course I love the bright orange color of the skirt, but I really think the contrasting turquoise Lorraine Schwartz jewelry really makes this look. Plus it has pockets and pockets in skirts are a great thing. Definitely another contender for best dressed.

Padma Lakshmi in Monique Lhuillier

Another strapless gown made a lot more interesting by the bright color choice.


Images via Huffington Post

No comments:

Post a Comment